If I had a dollar for every time my mother forces me into a conversation about religion and acts surprised when I tell her that I believe in something, just not capital G god, I would probably have enough money to buy a car.
Tuesday Apr 15 @ 09:12am with 1 note
i’ve never related to something so hard.
Tuesday Apr 15 @ 04:54am with 149,653 notes
Went inside and got my Canon for this. The universe is literally unbelievable.
Tuesday Apr 15 @ 02:49am with 2 notes
Monday Apr 14 @ 12:49pm with 111,509 notes
but when will it be MY time to meet Dylan O’Brien?!
Monday Apr 14 @ 11:27am with 0 notes
after we go extinct, nature will reconquer the earth.
Sunday Apr 13 @ 12:58pm with 77,393 notes
This babe, though.
Sunday Apr 13 @ 11:44am with 1 note
Jesus Christ - Layered (requested)
I just had a spiritual moment.
Friday Apr 11 @ 11:39pm with 38,245 notes
instead of paying women the same as men, pay men the same as women and see how angry they get
Friday Apr 11 @ 11:33pm with 109,672 notes
This is a shitty video of the best thing.
I saw Taking Back Sunday for the first time in September of last year. The universe never allowed it before that and I cursed it relentlessly for a decade. I cried almost the whole time. I saw them again this past Saturday. I only cried a little this time, but I felt that same electricity in my bones.
I have mentioned in multiple, multiple posts that I owe a lot to Taking Back Sunday. In some ways I can’t articulate and for some reasons I just prefer not to. They complete part of me and have been with me since I was 12. I think that a lot of people have a band that they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. I don’t know if even I will ever be able to grasp my love and gratitude for this band because it still sneaks up on me after all of these years. Taking Back Sunday is my constant.
Wednesday Apr 9 @ 02:15am with 1 note
1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.
3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.
4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
5. Do what you love and the money will follow.
6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.
8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.
9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.
10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.
11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.
12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.
13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
14. Try to learn something new every day.
15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.
16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.
17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.
18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.
19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.
20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything.Life lessons my mother has taught me from the side of her hospital bed (part 2/2 of a series) /// r.i.d (via inkskinned)
Wednesday Apr 9 @ 01:13am with 56,029 notes